Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren

texcare1's review

Putting this in my favorite books. I loved it :)

charms1976's review

Seriously? Come on. What the hell did I just read? I hate to say this, but I think I just lost 3 hours of my life reading this and I want them back. I feel a migraine and it started from Chapter One and I don't know how to make it quit.

First let me tell you what I think of the characters. Chloe is just a plain witch. I couldn't stand her, her attitude, her mouth and anything that came out of it. Bennett appeared to be the asshat that the author wanted to portray and even had the attitude to pull it off, but he seemed to have a better grip on emotions and such to rate just a wee bit higher on the scale than Chloe.

Now for the plot. Was there one? I am still wondering since I am having to purge my brain from all the sex scenes in this book. I admit, I like to read my smut, but enough already! It seemed like these two characters had sex every few pages. I am sure the plot was in between those times, but I must have missed it.

Why is Bennett such a beautiful bastard? Well, he is described as a smoking hot boss, but the bastard part was never really clear for me. Why did they not get along? Still scratching my head on this one too. It wasn't explained very well, but again maybe the overload of sex in this book covered it up.

The dialogue and pace of this book? Let me just stop shaking my head at this one for a moment. I guess the pace was okay but the dialogue was seriously messed up. I think I might have even laughed when I wasn't suppose to.

If I had to read about one more pair of fancy panties getting ripped I might just explode. Every freaking time? You would think she would just quit wearing panties and save some money.

I admit, I was one of the readers dying to read and review this book early. I jumped for joy and hid from the family for hours just to get the chance to do this. Then I came out of my hiding place and begged my family to forgive me.

lolloreads00's review

Smart and ambitious MBA student Chloe works for the worst boss ever, Bennet Ryan. He’s a pain in the ass, a grumpy perfectionist that expects greatness from everyone. But when he returned from abroad to find that his assistant is absolutely gorgeous it causes some problems. Will they be able to stay professional?

The answer is no alright, this is an erotic romance novel so that’s to be expected. On my

victoriareadsss's review against another edition

4.5 i love this book

jesswitt1022's review against another edition

fast-paced

hq_reads's review

fast-paced

lost_in_novels's review

Beautiful bastard is a contemporary office romance between Chloe, a promising intern, and Bennett, the COO of the marketing company Chloe works for.

This is the second Christina Lauren book I read and the first one was a cute romcom, fade to black. This one, on the other hand, has a lot of spicy scenes (and some are quite good!). I thought it was a good palate cleanser book, the main character try to put down her feet against the bully boss while he tries to hold off his attraction for her and ends up passing as a grumpy.
There was nothing I absolutely loved in this book, It was just nice.
Additionally, it gets the annoying third act breakup which makes me roll my eyes because there was no much high stakes but I felt the author had to create some drama to close the deal on them being together. On that note, even though Chloe works for the family company, the CEO just loves her as a daughter, (and the whole family is rooting for Chloe’s success) so a romance between the two of them, even though could have been considered “bad”, would not have been the end of the world.
Anyway…it was a fine palate cleanser.

falling_flower's review

One of my first introduction to contemporary romance

ruby_e09's review

lighthearted fast-paced

labwa_0712's review

I just love this book so much. I don’t usually read eroticas but this was such a fun and sexy story. The chemistry between Chloe and Bennett was off the charts. Along with their physical relationship, their budding feelings for each other were also developed so perfectly.

Ahh Bennett Ryan with that dirty mouth, my dream come true. And French in bed? That might just be my kryptonite.