The Kaiju Preservation Society by John Scalzi

rjdey's review against another edition

adventurous lighthearted fast-paced

mcmorrdog's review against another edition

adventurous funny inspiring lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

loukar's review against another edition

adventurous funny medium-paced

carreina's review against another edition

adventurous funny lighthearted medium-paced

This was a refreshing and lighthearted book that I could see being a fun summer movie. Kind of like Kong but actually more inclusive and interesting in the take of how Kaiju could actually exist. As a monster fan I was looking for more monster scenes from the book, but I’m happy with it otherwise. It’s an easy book to pick up and return to while reading other heavier books. A fun read overall

jaymac's review against another edition

funny lighthearted

caumphryes's review against another edition

I very much enjoyed this. It is most definitely not my typical read, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The plot was great, the characters were.interesting, and I had fun! Would definitely recommend even for.peiple who don't typically read sci-fi or whatever Genre this is considered ...HAHA.

caroledford's review against another edition

jpraska006's review against another edition

As others have pointed out, this book is a great popcorn flick in novel form. It touches on some real-life woes from the past few years and there are certainly some heavy moments, but Scalzi handles all of this with a sense of levity that makes it all just fun and breezy and a welcome, fantastical reprieve from reality. As of writing this, I've been digging into some of the classic Godzilla films, so this felt like great companion piece to that. There's a clear sense of reverence for kaiju as a concept and in pop. culture, and all the references to kaiju media were a lot of fun. Great narration from Wil Wheaton, solid audiobook overall!

chanreads_'s review against another edition

This was a quick fun read. I quite like Scalzi's writing style and would be curious to pick up more from him. I do wish there was more to describe the kaiju and also to distinguish the characters from each other in the story as they all sounded like the same person spouting witty one liners, but still a fun ride.

ayeryn's review

adventurous funny mysterious relaxing fast-paced