The Worst Best Man, by Mia Sosa

maeashah's review against another edition

I was apprehensive about this book because of the whole brother thing in the plot. The whole "I almost married your brother and now we're into each other" thing didn't seem like something I could get past. But, I had heard some good reviews and also really liked the cover so I thought, what the hell? Let's try it.

And, in the end, the whole brother thing was dealt with better than I thought but was still not something I could fully get past?? I don't know. It's just that, what would the family dinners with Max's parents be like? It's not the most crazy relationship out there but it's still a bit iffy for me.

However, looking past that, I did actually like the chemistry between the two love interests. They made me root for them and the whole book was a fun ride. Other than that, I don't really have a lot to say but if that whole brother's ex-fiancee thing doesn't bother you, then the story is really cute and fun so you could pick it up! I will suggest the audiobook because both narrators did a really good job. The narrator for Max did not do a horrendous job when it came to female dialogue so points for that lol.

a_laschinger's review against another edition

funny lighthearted medium-paced

taj's review

I needed a distraction and this was distracting. An 'open door' romance about a wedding planner who gets left at the altar and then finds love.

andresta18's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

breanalynae's review

This was my first experience with a Sibling’s Former Flame romance, and I can confidently say that trope just isn’t for me.

I liked Lina, I liked that she was afraid to show emotion because she wouldn’t be taken seriously. I liked that she put so much value in her family and their tight bond, as well as in her best friend and assistant. And I loved that she was so proud of her Brazilian roots, and wasn’t apologetic of it. I liked the chemistry that she and Max shared, and how Max’s experiences with family is so different.

But the sex scenes in this were awkward, and I mostly just glazed over them. And while the chemistry between Max and Lina was there, it wasn’t as deep as I wanted this to be. Most of this book was very surface level, and I would’ve loved to see more.

And, though this is totally a personal preference and it didn’t affect my rating, I didn’t realize how uncomfortable Max dating his brothers ex would make me. Dating a siblings ex, especially someone they almost married, is definitely a no from me, dawg.

treatyoshelfbookclub's review

This book was SO funny. I was bursting out loud. Ugh I loved this story so much. The tropes in this book just hit me in just the right way!

jen286's review

This was such a cute read! Lina and Max were so much fun to read.

idanolberger's review against another edition

lighthearted medium-paced
  • Plot- or character-driven? N/A

ellamfrench's review against another edition

lighthearted medium-paced

lareads_03's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

I really enjoyed this book! It had a very light hearted happy vibe to it. It also dealt with sibling rivalry and past relationship issues. I really loved seeing lina and Max’s relationship go from enemies to friends to lovers. It moved at a good pace and didn’t feel rushed. I definitely recommend if you’re in the mood for a good rom-com book :)