Reviews tagging 'Injury/injury detail'

The Alloy of Law, by Brandon Sanderson

targrhaegar's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny mysterious tense medium-paced

This entire book was so epic.

I love the new characters. They're so awesome and work amazingly together. Their banter was so funny.

The setting was great. It's like a Sherlockian steam punk world. I love it so much.

The story was full of action and intrigue. Definitely an addictive page-turner.

I loved all the small references to the previous trilogy and how the lore was even more expanded. We have new terms for different types of allomancy, new metals, new powers. It was so satisfying to learn about it.
SpoilerI DON'T KNOW WHO IRONEYES IS??? I FEEL STUPID. WHO IS HE??? IS IT KELSIER??? BUT HE'S NOT CORPOREAL. IS IT MARSH? I DON'T REMEBER IF HE DIED. I THINK HE DID. AND EVEN IF HE DIDN'T, HE'S NOT INMORTAL. WHO IS IRONEYES???? I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD KNOW... I will finish the trilogy, and if I still don't know who he is by the end of it, I will look it up. I FEEL SO FRUSTRATED

I'm excited to continue this trilogy and read more about my beloved Wax, Wayne and Marasi.

dkgreads's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious medium-paced

This was definitely more enjoyable the second time around, for a couple of reasons I think. First, I wasn’t as hung up emotionally about the cast from the first trilogy as I was the first time around. Second, instead of viewing this as a “western” (which I kind of loathe) I just framed it as a high fantasy set in the wild west—which, I mean, it *IS*. So I was able to really appreciate the incredible world building and magic system that Sanderson created for what they are: INCREDIBLE. Also, I forgot how freaking funny Wayne is. That dude CRACKS ME UP!

rhythmofryn's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious fast-paced

oldladysadie's review against another edition

adventurous funny lighthearted fast-paced

Very different from the Era 1 Mistborn Trilogy, but just as wonderful in its own right. This book has a great new cast of characters doing Sherlock Holmes-style detective work with action throughout, and offers an intriguing (and sweetly emotional at times) expansion on the world from the first series. It was also MUCH funnier than I expected going in. I loved it to pieces, and can’t wait to read the rest of the series!

laurajeangrace's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious fast-paced