Act Your Age, Eve Brown, by Talia Hibbert

wtfjohnetta's review against another edition

funny lighthearted medium-paced

eallford's review against another edition

lighthearted medium-paced

acharacterwithflaws's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted fast-paced

Hibbert hits it out of the park AGAIN. Reading the bit where Jacob had to come to terms with the fact that people love him absolutely destroyed me. Actually had to set the book down to cry.

The enemies - to - lovers was well written, and the bed and breakfast setting was charming.

notthebestolivia's review against another edition

funny lighthearted medium-paced

theheartisanarrow's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted reflective medium-paced

what a stunning wrap-up to this lovely little series <3 now if there was a long-lost fourth brown sister that suddenly re-emerged and drove talia hibbert to write another one of these, i would not be mad

might's review against another edition

The best of the Brown sisters books, and I didn’t think I could love any couple more than Chloe and Red. Swoon swoon swoon.

sm_almon's review against another edition

Absolutely loved this - the only thing I didn't enjoy was that this is the last book in this series!

kayhokis's review against another edition

What a great finale to the trilogy of Brown sisters! In Act Your Age, Eve Brown, we follow the youngest of the sisters as she attempts to find her calling in life. Afraid of all her past failed attempts and not wanting to be the family disappointment, Eve stumbles on an opportunity that becomes much more than she could have imagined.

I loved quirky, fun Eve. I loved straightforward, no nonsense Jacob. This book had autism representation that I felt was handled so very well and I love the considerations and contemplations the characters made throughout the novel because of it.

I enjoyed Eve’s growth through this story immensely and felt very inspired by her character.

The story was fast paced and often times funny. I will admit that by the end, I was ready for everything to get wrapped up, but it could very well be due to my inability to focus this pandemic.

Highly recommend all three novels if you are looking for some fun, smutty, contemporary romances. 4.5 stars.

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for an early review copy in exchange for an honest review.

ellie_isreading's review against another edition

I just really love reading about the Brown sisters and their shenanigans. The love is so wholesome.

tatahababa's review against another edition

***Received ARC via Goodreads Giveaways.

Due to unfortunate personal circumstances, I had to keep this one as a break in case of an emergency read. And I'm so glad that I did. My initials namesake just knows how to present flaws in her protagonists without making them appear as entitled assholes. A big reason I'm very picky with my contemporary reads is either the sheer black & white of the narrative/characters or it's so outlandish why not slap paranormal/fantasy/sci-fi romance on it instead?
Talia gives you contemporary that feels real, genuine, and can escape to. It's not an easy combination and she does it flawlessly here. Even with the "third act" break up that I knew was coming but also dreading, I still understood why that happens. How the couple handles it, in the end, is what makes or breaks the HEA for me. This was absolute Sunshine. :)