The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas

michigancolt's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional hopeful informative inspiring tense medium-paced

sashadeans's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional funny hopeful inspiring mysterious reflective sad tense medium-paced

imyourmausolem's review against another edition

Edmond Dantes was a young adult, engaged to the love of his life, and serving as first mate on a nice ship when he was falsely accused of treason and imprisoned. This is something that has happened throughout centuries when there was political upheaval. People who were firmly on or thought to be on a particular side politically were at risk for imprisonment, poverty, or even death. This is still occurring in places throughout the world today. During his captivity, Dantes learns of treasure and plans to find it. I love the theme of revenge in this book and that the main character is determined to overcome any obstacle in his way to give the double middle salute to everyone who wronged him. This is absolutely one of my favorite books in the classics category.

cholderly's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional mysterious reflective tense fast-paced

eleanorgking's review against another edition

adventurous dark mysterious reflective slow-paced

drcopeland's review against another edition

LOVED THIS BOOK!

laphenix's review against another edition

The first and possibly only time that I'll ever enjoy reading through a character spending six longs years in a dungeon. While the large cast of characters quickly became overwhelming, the tension and drama was powerful.

nell_reads's review against another edition

Oh how I love this book.
Me and my dad shared a great love for reading and we took the time to read the classics. This besides Jane Austen was one of his favorites. He died this past January and I haven’t been able to read as much as I would like but I notice reading his favorites has helped a lot. This is one of those books that I’ve read consistently since I first read it in high school. This version from Barnes & Noble is the closest to the first version I read. Love it.

nikkiwright's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional funny hopeful informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

Best.novel.ever!

annabelallum's review against another edition

adventurous medium-paced