Where the Drowned Girls Go, by Seanan McGuire

beansbooksandbiology's review

adventurous challenging dark hopeful mysterious tense fast-paced

rhimar's review against another edition

I actually think this one might be my favorite.

paisleypikachu's review against another edition

I was afraid this series was going to start feeling stagnant, but nope, not yet. This one went in a direction I wasn’t expecting (went in without knowing anything except it would star Cora), and that direction was the perfect way to go. It brought a whole new aspect to the world, and opening up room for so many more stories. And, once again, I’m sad to be caught up because these stories are just so fun and delightful to read.

chrissys_soul's review against another edition

adventurous medium-paced
  • Strong character development? N/A
  • Loveable characters? N/A

leanevorster's review against another edition

This was definitely my favorite in the series. I don't have words to describe how much I adored this book. I loved every second and I honestly just want to start it all over again.

Content warning: mention of suicide attempt,bullying, fatphobia

librarianintransit's review against another edition

This is the 7th book and Seanan McGuire is STILL pulling NO punches.

seventhchariot's review against another edition

I guess this is a bit of an unpopular opinion but I was not a fan of this.

For a book set in the same universe as the rest, this one just felt very off to me. I wasn't connecting with the world and this whole evil version of the school we already know and love, just felt kinda unneeded and forced. The school itself kinda felt like any old boarding school to me until the reveals so it was awkward having all the characters hate the school without actually knowing the "dark side" of the school yet. idk if that makes sense but this is my least favorite in the series. But I am glad to have seen some of the older characters make an appearance.

Rating: 2 sad stars

mattgroot1980's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional hopeful lighthearted reflective fast-paced

augureader's review

dark hopeful reflective fast-paced

And there we go, the last of the available books in this series DEVOURED in a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon... Is there anything better? I adored this book, as I did its predecessor, and I am VERY VERY MUCH hoping that our next book has Kade in its sights!!!

mags13's review against another edition

3.5, maybe 4. I didn't love the start of this one but the pace picked up and I ended up really enjoying where the story went.