Obsidio by Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman

finny's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious fast-paced

In questo caso, i personaggi "new entry" sono più deboli rispetto a quelli già presenti, ma oltre a questo è una buona conclusione della trilogia.

diredreamings's review

adventurous dark emotional sad tense fast-paced

nicolemhewitt's review against another edition

For my full review, complete with blackouts, strikethroughs, pictures and all sorts of other fun, head over to my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

The short version: I LOVED this final installment of the book. It was everything I was hoping for and more!!

***Disclosure: This book was provided to me by the publisher via Rockstar Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. No other compensation was given and all opinions are my own.***

ellejaereads's review

adventurous emotional funny fast-paced

lindetiel's review against another edition

Living through this trilogy left me somewhat speechless.

I cannot say how much I loved it - the cleverly crafted structure of the book, the story, the characters, the tone. Everything was great.

I believe listening to it as an audiobook with a full cast just made the story bloom even more and bring it to life.

It may seem that my read of the year came early in 2020.

lamom77's review against another edition

What a perfect ending for such a fantastic series! The authors did a great job including old characters and adding new ones, great weaving of storylines! I would love to read more collaborations from Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff! Did they leave just a little opening at the end for more?!?

jane_kelsey's review against another edition

This finale... wow!!

bl0ndekitten's review against another edition

tense fast-paced

Great ending.

briastery's review against another edition

adventurous medium-paced

thebookishunicorn's review against another edition

"But you promised!"
"I lied."

And another wonderful series comes to a bloody and destructive end. I choose this quote because I think it represents this series nicely; a lot of people/machines make a lot of promises and no one seems to keep them. Which is what makes these books so special.

Even though I thought this was a nice, satisfying end to the series, Obsidio ended up being my least favorite. It had the same problem as Gemina where the twists/surprises became VERY predictable and took away some of the magic. I also didn't love Asha and Rhys, their story line was very similar to Kady and Ezra's, and truthfully I was disappointed we didn't get a LGBTQ+ relationship.

BUT I do still recommend reading this book! I enjoyed my time in the Illuminae universe and couldn't imagine not finding out how it all ended. Plus this one is just as crazy and explosive, don't want to miss out on that!