Reviews for Every Single Lie, by Rachel Vincent

mfieldshalva's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional hopeful mysterious reflective sad tense fast-paced

samanthapearl's review against another edition

Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own.

Wow... this was an emotional read from start to finish. We start off with our main character Beckett dealing with some pretty average teenage drama. She's had a breakup with her boyfriend and isn't taking it too well. It doesn't take long for all that to change when Beckett finds a dead baby in the school locker room. Soon her life starts to unravel as she learns of secrets that could hurt her in more ways than one.

I am absolutely stunned by how wonderful this book was. It was fantastically written and well paced. I hated to put it down. The ending was shocking and heartbreaking. Every Single Lie is an emotional read that covers substance abuse, addiction, teen pregnancy, death, and bullying. While the themes within this book are hard to read, it is an amazing piece of work that I recommend reading for anyone who likes hard hitting YA.

You can find this and all my other reviews at https://fourmoonreviews.blogspot.com

lydiahephzibah's review against another edition

Well, shit. This was amazing. Highly recommend the audiobook; Lauren Ezzo's narration is stunning, especially when she narrates emotion.

nonbinaries's review against another edition

i'm extremely shocked! can you imagine yourself finding a dead baby in what appears to be just a normal school day? and then rumors starts circulating about you and your family, you dont know what is true and in who to true anymore...discovering who does the baby belonged to can help some of those rumors die down and thats what beckett does, she goes after the truth.

hannasbookworld's review

challenging dark sad slow-paced

getbrekked's review

challenging emotional tense medium-paced

wontsmileatyou's review

challenging dark emotional sad medium-paced

This was an emotionally draining book to read, but fantastic nonetheless. This is not a story I will be forgetting anytime soon.

kellyhager's review

dark tense

readingonastar's review against another edition

it started off SO WELL, but the ending was such a disappointment. The book truly had a lot of potential, but the premise is interesting. The main character was also a little annoying, and we didn't get a glimpse into ANY of the side character's family life, or background.

cossettereads's review against another edition

trigger warnings: stillbirth, cheating, death of a parent, suicide, drugs, addiction, cyberbullying, rape mention, death threats, mentions of war, PTSD, war-related injuries, childbirth, injuries, grief, bomb threat, anti-abortion rhetoric, teen pregnancy, panic attacks

rtc!!