Sinners Anonymous by Somme Sketcher

emilyseim25's review

dark emotional medium-paced

melon_n's review against another edition

dark tense medium-paced

hannahelizabethbrown's review

dark slow-paced

kikaa290's review

I could NOT put this book down. I was hooked from the very beginning and Somme had me sitting on the edge of my seat for some of those secrets. The writing was beautiful imo. I literally stayed up till 6am reading this and the only reason I stopped reading was because I had a doctors appointment at 8. If it wasn't for the doctors appointment I would have kept reading and just worked from home that day lol. Seriously, this is one of the best mafia romances I've read and I can't wait to continue the series.

My favorite quotes:
- "I wince at how he wraps his lips around the vowels in my name."

- "Men. Everything is a damn exchange to you. New flash-when a woman wants something from you, she shouldn't always have to pay with her body."

- "Out of all my since, you're my favorite."

- "I swear to God, Rory. You better know how to fly, because if you fall, I'm coming with you."

- "Seek hope where the air is salty and the cliffs are steep."

rio4ever's review

unfortunately boring…

bansivazir's review

dark mysterious tense fast-paced

joiiseu's review

dark mysterious tense medium-paced

A slow burn. Story got interesting towards the last 60 pages. Will stick around as I heard the second book is better.

dovishchoice's review

dark emotional funny medium-paced

momandy's review against another edition

dark tense slow-paced

jejeshere_'s review against another edition

1.5⭐️

But only since I managed to finish it. Somehow. I almost DNFed it a hundred times, but I forced myself to finish it for some reason. Was it worth it? NO!

The plot is just horrible, boring and predictable. I tried everything I could to get immersed in it, but it was hard. To me, comparing Nico and Elena to a bird-obsessed girl and a man who MUST possess a bird obsession is insane. I don't mean to be dramatic, but every time she spoke one of her irritating bird jokes, I wanted to smash my head against the wall. Their connection? horrible and boring from the start to the end.