Ziemlich krumme Dinger by C.J. Skuse

heyjudy's review against another edition

My review, containing spoilers, is here: http://geekyreading.blogspot.com/2011/09/review-pretty-bad-things-by-cj-skuse.html

duartepatri's review against another edition

It was a different story...I am more of romance/paranormal/dystopian books and this one tells the story of two teenagers who are looking for their father, in their quest they have to do all sort of things, from putting themselves into danger to threatening other people with a gun. I felt very strongly for their past, being twins their bond seemed stronger than the average, sharing a very tough background was their unbreakable link.

mari_escapeinabook's review against another edition

My summary:
Sixteen year old twins Beau and Paisley Argent lost their mum years ago and their dad went to prison and after that they didn't hear from him. Since then they lived with a cruel and selfish grandmother who cares more for money than her grandchildren. Good old grandmother sent Paisley to boarding school(several actually) because she was to difficult to handle but Beau have always been a good little boy never causing any trouble.. That is until the day Beau figures out that their grandmother has been keeping secrets, a whole box of secrets containing letters from their dad. It's showtime and the reader is taken for a ride to Las Vegas robbing candy stores with the twins.

My thoughts:
Beau and Paisley is such a great pair of siblings, they are just such opposites; one calm, the other one a bit crazy never really stopping to think about the consequences of their actions. The twins will take you for a fun ride that's for sure.

The chapters alternates between Paisley and Beau telling us about their adventure and it works quite well for me. I'm was not always overjoyed by Paisleys voice because it didn't always seem that authentic but she grew on me as she developed throughout the book.

All in all a entertaining read and I want more, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a sequel.

The cover:
Lovely and pink just like some of the candy being stolen.

heykellyjensen's review against another edition

I thought the voices of Paisley and Beau were great, but then they got to be over-the-top. I kinda felt the whole thing tried a little too hard to be edgy and unique, but it flopped for me as a reader.

I didn't find myself all that compelled to care about the characters or their story in the end.

missymouse's review against another edition

This was a really fun read aimed for older teenagers. Good plot, the characters were fantastic, flawed and seemed real. The ending felt slightly rushed and was a tad disappointing but it still was a good fast read.

dairyqueen84's review against another edition

The characters were cardboard figures with no real depth to them. Paisley had no redeeming qualities and I found her violent behavior and vulgar language offensive, even though bad language doesn't usully bother me in YA novels.

trikaratops's review against another edition

This novel was a bright story about a couple of siblings that chase after the ways of the infamous Bonnie and Clyde. They hit up Las Vegas while looking for their father and discover something about themselves in the mix. Go here for my full review: http://epicbooknerd.blogspot.com/2011/08/pretty-bad-things-by-cj-skuse.html

aprilbooksandwine's review against another edition

Twins are so cool. No, really, they are. Especially ones who are on the wrong side of the law. Pretty Bad Things by CJ Skuse hits my list for what is cool and what is not, when it comes to twins. If you are looking for a fast read that just begs you to keep flipping the pages, you’ve come to the right book. Pretty Bad Things is one of those white knuckle books. Although it has it’s fair share of flaws, I ended up liking CJ Skuse’s young adult contemporary book about teenage criminals on the whole.
Read the rest of my review here
Note: Review and link will work on February 4, 2014

foreveryoungadult's review against another edition

Graded By: Poshdeluxe
Cover Story: Double Brown Bag It
BFF Charm: Yay & Nay
Swoonworthy Scale: 1
Talky Talk: Talk Dirty To Me
Bonus Factors: Legend of Billie Jean, Las Vegas
Relationship Status: Innocent Bystander

Read the full book report here.

hummusnchill's review against another edition

I was actually disappointed with this book. It started out bad, but I thought it would get better. It picked up around the middle, but the ending was just lame. I hated Pais's character - I honestly wanted to punch her through most of the book - but I liked Beau - he made the story better. Some of the things that went on were funny, but most of it was unrealistic - you couldn't help but think, where are the cops? during most of this. Anyway - great cover. I'll give it 2 1/2 of five stars.