It Ain't Me, Babe, by Tillie Cole

booksareinfinite's review

Wow !!!! So I spent months trying to get the novel and when I finally did I was so freaking excited !! I loved it and I am so ready to read the rest ! Lol it taught me so much that I didn't even know about and I am so amazed how some people could have gone threw that . Definitely recommend everyone to read it, if you like the show Sons of Anarchy then you will definitely like this novel ❤️

yourfavoritebookbag's review

Best MC Series I’ve Ever Read

“You will never know, but in the two darkest moments of my life, you have shown up. You say it ain’t you who is good and who will keep me safe, but you already have. You have saved my life twice.”

Mae. A cursed. The girl with the wolf eyes. She has spent her entire life being told she was a sinner; a temptress. Endured things as a child and adult, that no woman should ever experience, but one moment in her life gave her hope; something to cling to when she was trying to escape her very harsh reality.

Styx. A Mute. The President of The Hades Hangmen’s MC. He has constantly been proving himself, and made his presence known in other ways instead of using his voice. Until the day he crossed paths with Mae, he felt safe; he felt home.

“It Ain’t Me Babe,” by Tillie Cole is book one in her Hades Handmen Series. It is a standalone dark romance in this series, and I highly recommend starting it. I will preface this by saying that it is dark; it has grit and it deals with some pretty real-life heavy content. But what else I will say is that this is probably one of the best series I have read in a long time. The emotional connection between Styx and Mae was so palpable and my heart ached for them. They found themselves both extremely out of their own elements and comfort zones- and still fought for one another. Even within this darkness they had some light peek through and give them a second chance at life, and at having someone to call home.

Trigger warning is advised.

leolikesbooks's review

There were too many minor details that bothered me to rate this any higher, but overall I didn’t hate the story.

nightreads's review

I devoured this book! It's one of the few that has made me stay up past 4am reading. This book had such a unique twist for the main characters and it just made it even more interesting. I'm excited to read Ky and Flames books soon!

infte's review

dark emotional tense fast-paced

This was just insane... in the best way.

10gen16's review

Damn, that was crazy. I fucking already know I'm going to love Maddie's book. Like damn. I can NOT wait.

sapphicread's review

yeah you lost me at nazi y’all got me all the way fucked up

zofiaenrique's review

convinced that Tillie Cole can't write a bad book

oogabooga09's review

A must read!

This book...where do I even start? This book has it all.. plot, spice, angst, emotion, characters to fall in love with, laugh at, and hate. This book was a wild ride for my emotions! I got to feel sadness, joy, anger, disgust, betrayal, love, and if I'm being honest a little murderous towards some of the bad guys.

Mae is this beautifully broken shell who has such a pure heart and can see past what is considered wrong to see the reason for necessity of it. Styx is this strong leader who has his own faults and isn't that magical perfect man from the moment he finds mae, he makes mistakes and has to find a way to forgiveness. I could go on but I don't want to spoil anything... but if you are like me and love mc romance with angst, triggers, lots of plot, and spice then this is definitely the book for you. This will absolutely end up being an reread for me.

mrst17's review

Really enjoyed this book.