Credence by Penelope Douglas

erza_03's review against another edition

adventurous emotional tense fast-paced

bunchbayberry's review against another edition

dark medium-paced

I found the acknowledgements of the book really interesting how the author came to write books like this. I give her props for writing what she wants to and not what she thinks people want to read.

lattesnlibros's review against another edition

dark emotional fast-paced

srlaud's review

It's well written but man is it a train wreck.

heranga's review

emotional medium-paced

beckyfulton's review

First of all, I recommend this book to NO ONE! I strongly recommend you read the other reviews of the book before you EVER think about reading this one. I have never had such a hard time rating a book in my life. Part of me wanted to give it one star but then there is a part of me that really wondered how everything would play out so that kept me reading…. Which to me if it holds my attention and I finish it as fast as I did, it earns more stars.

I went into the book knowing there was going to be some things that would push limits however, I didn’t quite know to the degree they would. Some of the content I really struggled with. I don’t agree with romanticizing rape and sexual abuse. We live in such a screwed up society people don’t need to read that, thinking it is ok.

The “uncle Jake” aspect is hard to get over for me. Like I know it is a step uncle and no blood relation however I tried to forget that uncle aspect the whole book and when she actually calls him Uncle Jake in a scene that let’s just say it not an uncle activity… ummm yeah I am not on board.

Now to rate the general plot… I had some struggles there too… I purposely am trying not to include spoilers in this but the development of the main characters left me confused on how you can be all about someone and then bam, those feelings fizzle away without much explanation.

I don’t know I might come back to update this review after I reflect a bit more.

graceslibrary33's review against another edition

nah cus around like the 400 page mark i started thinking if skipped a few chapters because she went from being kinda scared of Kaleb to being inlove w him so fucking fast

heartstrangerr's review

emotional mysterious sad fast-paced

zariianna's review against another edition

savannaboop's review

First and foremost, read the trigger warnings before reading. Otherwise - strap in and enjoy this amazing book! There are so many spicy teases in the beginning but when the spice hits it is FULL FORCE. The love story in this though is to die for and I find myself wanting more of Tiernan and Kaleb.