Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros

eedelmann's review against another edition

I’ve seen all the hype and admiration for this book, and I have to tell you that it 100% lives up to it! I love this book so much. The setting was great, the characters were well-developed, and it was thrilling! The Game of Thrones person in me loved the dragons and the personalities they brought. It was fun to see these first-year students fight to stay alive and become a rider. It definitely left you with a cliffhanger, and I can’t wait for the next one to be released soon!

cmah's review against another edition

Loved this! Really good world building. Clearly just a first in a series as there was a lot left unanswered with a monster of a cliffhanger but enough closure on this story to not make me mad about it. I listened to the audiobook, and I love the narrator but she clearly has a cold for about the first 1/3 of the book. Not so irritating that I had to stop but pretty obvious.

kkobugi's review against another edition

adventurous emotional tense medium-paced

lmyers1214's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional hopeful tense fast-paced

ahanly's review against another edition

5/5⭐️
3/5

deelistedbooks's review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional fast-paced

Three words... BABY GOLDEN DRAGON!!! Andarna has my heart. We need more time with the dragons in book 2!

canyonmoon31's review against another edition

adventurous emotional inspiring reflective tense fast-paced

I absolutely adored this book. I was skeptical at first since it was such a popular book, I had my reserves about the hype but I had the most fun reading this. The magic, the matter of life and death, the dragons, the political corruption - all of it contributes to a roller coaster of a story with love and heartbreak. Violet is a strong and powerful main character that you feel compelled to root for every chapter and it’s incredibly humbling and beautiful that on top of being wildly unprepared for a life of fighting and survival (being trained to be a scribe since conception), Violet also experiences the hardships of their disability. The story is really beautiful and exciting and I’m super glad I took the chance of reading it for myself because I do believe it lives up to the hype. I am so excited to delve into the universe more with the next two books because after reading Fourth Wing, I’ve found my new favorite fantasy series!

pcaseley's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional tense medium-paced

_askq27's review against another edition

4.75⭐

As a big fan of dragons and dinosaurs I just had to check if this book is worth the hype. And I have to admit it really is. This is the perfect mix between The Hunger Games, Divergent and Red Queen + some badass dragons. The world building - wonderful and not boring at all. Romance - spicy and angsty, just like I love. I wouldn’t say that this book is really groundbreaking, because it has the regular fantasy book structure and plot twists that are quite predictable, but it doesn’t make book any worse.
From my preferences I would add some more character building, politics into the story. There were also chapters that ended in a certain way (mostly cliffhangers) and it felt like they were unfinished as the next chapters started few days after and had almost no reference to it.
Really cannot wait to lay my hands on the 2nd book.

beenie_'s review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny mysterious tense medium-paced