Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

ninicandy's review

loved loved loved the ending

wucaterina's review

Being new to poetry in its entirety as a genre I found myself quite smitten by the author’s words and imagery. It was soft, with moment of complete discomfort but approached in the only right way that topics so delicate should be approached. It felt warm and reassuring, like a hug from a sister who reminds you through her work there to be a tomorrow where all women can bloom into the beautiful beings that we know we can be. A celebration of what it means to be a woman and a roast to everything we have all gone through

lrc52's review

fast-paced

aurouri's review

fast-paced

the absolute dread of reading this is what took me 5+ years.
the genuinely good snippets in no way outweigh the rest of the book.

stylax's review

challenging dark emotional hopeful mysterious reflective sad fast-paced

wad2k's review

I'm not even sure why i really wanted to read this in the first place, i exclusively saw people hating on it and I'm not the target demographic at all - but still I just wanted to pick it up. I can definitely respect Kaur writing about what she is passionate about, and sensitive topics that others wouldn't want to. I'm 100% sure this has helped some people get through tough times. However, as most people will say - this was a little hard to read...

mahalekshmi_v's review

for you to see beauty here
does not mean
there is beauty in me
it means there is beauty rooted
so deep within you
you can’t help but
see it everywhere

sandysan_11's review

The reviews for Milk and Honey are all over the place, lol. Personally, I enjoyed this work. I think Kaur is incredibly raw and vulnerable when writing. Kaur is resilient and strong, and I think that is something to take into account when reading her work.

b0okcupidity's review against another edition

A good reminder that people find catharsis in writing.
I wasn't particularly struck and that's okay.

kittycat2302's review against another edition

I’m not really a poetry person, and honestly didn’t realize that’s what I was about to read. I’m so glad I didn’t know, though, as I likely wouldn’t have picked this up if I did. This is full of “punch you in the gut” poems that hit me in all kinds of powerful ways. Wow.