How to Marry a Marquis, by Julia Quinn

asthmatic_triceratops's review against another edition

adventurous funny hopeful inspiring mysterious medium-paced

ritikareads's review against another edition

Julia Quinn never fails to deliver. She is an who can actually make the most serious situations humourous. I never laugh so much as I do when i read her books.
O james! James is an absolute delight. He's funny, charming with just the right dash of obnoxious and Haughty thrown in. What good is being a peer do to you if you dont have the attitude to go with it ;)
Elizabeth is a delightful heroine. She might be petite and pretty, but she's anything but simpering little miss. She's clumsy to begin with and I think that basically sums up why I loved her so. Obviously she has her own sets of fault, stubborn and proud top the list, but she's not bad.
The true of stars this book however are Lady Danbury and Malcolm, the cat. Lovely Pair.
A great fine 3.5 stars read.

shawnas_booktime's review

This was a reread for me, but it has been so long since the first reading it feels like the first time. This book was so fun and charming and witty. I found myself laughing so much in reading this.

bzzylz's review against another edition

emotional funny relaxing fast-paced

rj921's review against another edition

Awesome and very humorous

pastryghost's review

★★ This book was campy and enjoyable, up until James’s identity was revealed... then he was kind of a monster. It sits wrong with me when anger and frustration in a man is written to be comical or charming. He got really entitled and forceful and I’m... not here for it.

Longer review to come, if I get around to it! For now, I just want to read To Catch An Heiress — I expect I’ll be much happier with that match.

cgreenstein's review against another edition

Super cute! I really enjoy this author's books. They're fun and fluffy (but with a modicum of non-romantic plot, and the plot is actually COHERENT-- something I definitely appreciate, and something that romance novels often don't have!), and the characters are always entertaining.

millysreads's review against another edition

This was a book by Julia Quinn, so obviously it was romantic and adorable. But it was also absolutely hilarious.

Partly the banter and bickering between the love interests as well as the female lead and her siblings. Added to that was the added quips and arguing with the male lead's best friends with the two love interests.

And then there's Lady Danbury (who is the male lead's aunt) and is an absolute queen. I've read the Bridgerton series, so I'm already familiar with the BAMF that is Agatha Danbury, but she's just at brilliant in this book.

So yeah, this book gets four stars. Is it four and not three solely because of Lady Danbury, you bet it is! I love her!!

ohgeeitslucy's review against another edition

My love for Lady Danbury strikes again