sarverv's review against another edition

An adorable romance with a baking show and takes place in Canada?! Yes please!

ccmata's review against another edition

funny lighthearted fast-paced

meganquirk's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted reflective slow-paced

sunshine169's review against another edition

Every now and then I pick up a contemporary romance even though it is not my thing. This one was super cute. I was thrown for a bit of a loop though when the MC using Brooklyn Hipster as a comparison when they live in Canada and never once mention the U.S. I guess the Brooklyn hipsters are widely known!

greenteabookme's review against another edition

All I want is delicious artisan bread (allll kinds). This author must be one hell of a baker because she describes cooking and making bread so well, I’ve spent the entire book drooling over the food descriptions. I’m also seriously contemplating getting my own sourdough bread starter and I can’t even have anything with gluten.... for now I’ll settle for this yummy gluten free cupcake that this book made me buy

dietitianemk's review against another edition

Rating: 4.5 stars. 1. We love to see POC and LGBTQ representation. 2. There is a huge baking/cooking theme which I loved learning about Indian cuisine! 3. The characters are suuuper cute and I love Saira a lot (mostly because she’s also a dietitian like I am).
This book was super cute and very cliche in all the best ways. The complexity of the family involvements made it super interesting. Highly recommend!!

*Spoiler alert*

SpoilerThe only reason this isn’t 5 stars is because the proposal felt…almost forced? I understand the motivation behind getting Nadim to be able to live in Canada, but it just felt suddenly rushed. Like, they knew each other for at least less than a year?? Felt odd to me.

add24's review against another edition

What a fun book and it taught me some things about other cultures I didn’t know, all wrapped up in a sweet, romantic cooking story. Loved the little plot twist !

chaptersandcuddles's review against another edition

fast-paced

ddavare's review against another edition

funny inspiring lighthearted reflective fast-paced

jezrebelle's review against another edition

emotional informative inspiring lighthearted reflective medium-paced