Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon Hale, Dean Hale, Nathan Hale

cburgbennett's review against another edition

First time reading a graphic novel. It was a good version of the Rapunzel story.

meme_too2's review against another edition

This is a comic book style book with a very fun, silly plot. This is not a deep thinking book. Fairy tales are not supposed to be realistic, fair, or everyone's cup of tea. Some people think this is way too "women's lib", but I thought it was cute.

mollysticks's review against another edition

What a fun twist on a familiar fairy tale.

johnnymacaroni's review against another edition

I really enjoyed this. It's a fabulous re-imagining-just like the main character the book is smart, witty and charming. It's also a lot of fun.

24marsha's review against another edition

My first graphic novel and I really enjoyed it. I very girl power retelling of the old fairytale and so much fun to read in a couple of hours. I love a strong woman character who is not waiting around for a guy to come rescue her.

chloecoz's review against another edition

adventurous funny hopeful lighthearted

amotisse's review against another edition

My daughter brought this one home from school and she giggled her way through it.
I was happy to get my hands on a BD (bandes dessines) which I read often in France where they are tres popular.
Graphic novels seem to be slowly creeping in more here.
A fun quick reading adventure in between many others!

djbagwell's review against another edition

adventurous emotional lighthearted medium-paced

cathyatratedreads's review against another edition

Very entertaining. I don't think I'm a huge fan of comic books (AKA graphic novels), and I don't think this one converted me, per se, but it was a fun change of pace. And it brings out a side of Shannon Hale that we don't see as much in her other children's books, but that came out very well in Austenland -- her very fun, clever and wry sense of humor. Lots of clever touches in this book, a reimagining of Rapunzel's story -- and her revenge on the woman who locked her up. Girl power once again!

kristenremenar's review against another edition

Rapunzel doesn't just sigh at the tower window, waiting for some prince to rescue her. As soon as her hair is long enough, Rapunzel lassos the nearest treetop and swings to freedom. I like Rapunzel's feisty attitude, the back story with what happened with her real parents, and her teaming up with Jack from Jack and the Beanstalk, but I wasn't a big fan of the Wild West feel. But considering I'm not huge into graphic novels and I read this one in one sitting, I'd say that Hale, Hale, and Hale did a great job.