Decisive: How to Make Better Choices in Life and Work by Chip Heath, Dan Heath

shannif's review

informative slow-paced

ereidsma's review

Decisive – How to make Better Choices in Life and Work. God’s blessed me with some pretty good decision making skills, so when this book was recommended I was a little reluctant, but I’m glad that I took the time to read it. I really liked all the examples from Sam Walton’s plagiarism and Kodak’s mistakes to a college guy using the 10-10-10 method to decide whether or not to call a girl he met in class. Decisive provides a process for making decisions and while processes aren’t very “sexy” having a process does give confidence when making decisions and this book provided more “tools in my toolbox” for decision making.

eichlerxv's review

challenging informative reflective medium-paced

sehalpin's review against another edition

informative inspiring medium-paced

katie_chandler's review

Breaks down different perspectives for making difficult decisions, taking into account our biases. Most of the steps seem like tactics I might naturally try in different situations but hadn’t ever thought to make a consistent pattern. Appreciated the chapter on being a leader who validates other ideas and opinions when a decision is made contrary to some opinions. Solid advice for personal matters as well as business leadership.

woruebue's review against another edition

informative

jpartlan's review

Nothing new and another book came in.

lizhe000's review

challenging informative reflective fast-paced

sarahellen's review

I'd give the first half 3 stars, and the second half 4 stars.

kevenwang's review

One of the best books from the Heath brothers