Twisted Love by Ana Huang

jj_ak's review against another edition

dark hopeful tense fast-paced

torixreads's review against another edition

This was my first Ana Huang book and I really enjoyed it, can’t wait to read more from this author. Lots of intrigue, romance and some high spice levels :). Very happy I gave this a try.

jen_reads23's review against another edition

dark emotional tense medium-paced

saciashy's review against another edition

lighthearted slow-paced

0.5

paigexadaway's review

adventurous challenging dark hopeful mysterious tense medium-paced

Okay so I had high hopes for this book, and it didn’t disappoint! Not quite a 5 star read but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Loads of people hate on Alex and yes sometimes he annoyed the sh!t out of me 😩 but I kinda love him. The morally grey characters get me every time and I would 1000% let him have his way with me 🥵 Ava was a beautiful soul, and I loved that she faced her trauma by herself. What a woman 🙌🏼
I loved the banter, the romance, the plot, and that first sex scene was 😮‍💨 too good! Excited for the next one!

imme_van_gorp's review against another edition

|| 3.5 stars ||

First read: October 2022 | ★3.5 stars
Second read: March 2024 | ★3.5 stars

I’m not sure how to feel about this one. I mean, I liked it, but it really was pretty ridiculous.

Alex’s silly alpha-male behaviour made me snort through my nose or role my eyes at least fifty percent of the time; I just could not take him all that seriously.
The plot was also overdramatic and some of the phrases used were just awkward. The writing will definitely not be winning any awards sometime soon.

However, I did enjoy a lot of the jealousies, overprotectiveness, possessiveness, and just the general idea of Alex hating everything in the world except for Ava. I love it when a man has a soft spot for his love interest only. And although Alex could be overbearing, he truly was devoted to Ava. He cared a lot about her and always treated her delicately; except during sex where he could be rough-ish and called her degrading names, which, to be honest, wasn’t my favourite dynamic, but whatever. At least it never went too far or played a huge part in the story. And honestly, a lot of the things Alex did for Ava in everyday life were genuinely very sweet and I even swooned once or twice.

I also appreciated that Ava wasn’t a doormat. Even though Ava was sweet and pure, she did not let Alex walk all over her. Not even at the beginning, and especially not at the end. When Alex really fucked up, she literally let this man grovel for over a year. Love that for her.

Long story short, this book had its flaws and it was kind of ridiculous, but I did enjoy it quite a bit. It entertained me and I liked a lot of the romantic tropes present here.
It wasn't mind-blowing or even close to being one of the better romances out there, but overall, I liked the book. Just shut off your brain and try not to take it too seriously: I promise this read has the potential to be mostly fun if you do so.

'Twisted' series:
1. Twisted Love - 3.5 stars
2. Twisted Games - 1.0 star
4. Twisted Lies - 2.0 stars

mackenzie_owens's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny mysterious sad tense fast-paced

I loved this book I read it in two days. I never wanted to put it down.

aaboss19's review against another edition

dark emotional tense medium-paced

I binged this audiobook quite fast! I really haven’t read a “dark romance” cause it’s not really my jam, there were some crazy plot twists in this book that were a lot but good. Lots of psych references too with phobias, trauma, etc. not a huge fan of the possessive trope, and the relationship didn’t feel as believable as some other books I’ve read. It definitely was fast paced enough that it kept my interest and I wanted to keep reading to find out. Not sure if I’ll read the other books in the series! The spicy scenes were spicy but not very long/detailed as other books I’ve read!

angelabordoy's review against another edition

Si buscas el libro más cliché del mundo, sale este. No me gustó mucho, hay cosas salvables del libro pero en general, todo predecible y cliché

mxnicareads's review against another edition

2,5⭐
I liked it don't get me wrong, but i was expecting so much more, this felt like a mafia fanfic tbh.
Also, why was Alex so intense