Practice Makes Perfect by Sarah Adams

michellekmartin's review

3 stars | Thank you to the publisher for gifting me a free copy of this book! All opinions are my own.

After reading When in Rome last year, I was looking forward to this one! Specifically, I was excited to get more of Annie's story since she was such a sweet side character.

The thing I enjoyed most about this one was Annie's character! It's refreshing to see a shy main character who isn't forced to become outgoing and extroverted, and I identified a lot with her as an introvert.

Sadly, I found the story to be slow and lost interest. Annie and Will's dynamic was sweet, but the book began to feel repetitive, and there wasn't enough "will they, won't they?" for me. It seemed pretty clear they were going to end up together and how that was going to happen.

Nevertheless, I look forward to reading the next book from Adams! She sure does write a cozy small-town setting.

abbybriones7's review

I’ve tried so hard to finish this book but I can’t it’s so childish??? Like why is the main character who is an adult acting like 16 year old. I can’t like I can see how people would enjoy but it’s so plain

elkedagpaulien's review

funny lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

Enjoyable, made me laugh, but not that special. Just a cozy read

britneygulb's review

emotional funny lighthearted relaxing slow-paced

clairebooksparks's review

A literary masterpiece

notayemee's review

4.5 ⭐️ honestly idk how i feel about a 30 something year old woman never saying any cuss words ever???

caitlinblencowe's review against another edition

lighthearted fast-paced

didn’t think i would like this one but im pleasantly surprised!! right on par with the first one and an easy, fun read

cali's review

funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

lannklein's review

4 ⭐️

As an obsessive fanfiction reader, I have read the “teach me to date” troupe a gazillion times. Also as a fanfiction reader, I have no problem reading the same trope over and over again if it is done well. This book was no exception.

After reading the first book in the series, [b:When in Rome|60092579|When in Rome (When in Rome, #1)|Sarah Adams|https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1649953470l/60092579._SY75_.jpg|94752486], and not being a fan I wasn’t expecting much from this book. I was wrong. This book was great! I not only enjoyed the characters I cared about these characters. You could see the chemistry throughout the book.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes a good rom-com fluffy romance.

emilyclaire's review

Fine, but forgettable. "Practice Makes Perfect" is very Hallmark. I suppose the flower shop was a clue. Overall, the story is pretty basic and cliche and the writing is not particularly inspiring.

Lots of telling and not showing, so Annie and Will's relationship is not very engaging or action oriented. Lots of repetitive thoughts and not much character development, especially for Annie. I did like that while Will was not interested in relationships, he is still portrayed as very respectful of the people he dates casually. He is very intentional with his actions and doesn't lead people on.

Heads up: fade-to-black. And while this story is not listed as part of a series, it was very clear that it followed an earlier title - lots of repetitive references to the earlier book that were not relevant to this story.

Thank you to NetGalley & the publisher for providing an eARC for review.