Nora Goes Off Script by Annabel Monaghan

entrophie's review

emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

This is a solid romance. Like fuck no I get the hype it was really good. And I enjoyed it. A bit of angst. I loved the writing style and I love the family dynamic.
I still think Nora does a bit much or the ending was a bit rushed idk

And I would have appreciated dual povs

lmthirsch's review

emotional fast-paced

Solid sweet romance read but
these 2 staying apart for so long and never even discussing it and her son seeing how unbelievably sad his mom was felt too unrealistic for me
and kept it at a 4.

shmopkins84's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted fast-paced

darthizzy's review

lighthearted medium-paced

cburgbennett's review

2.5 stars. I hate lack of communication!! Ahhh. Kind of an amateur story, but fun.

nadreadsbooks's review against another edition

emotional relaxing fast-paced

cbemer's review

lighthearted medium-paced

dinx219's review

Loved this heartfelt story so much. Screenwriter Nora's husband walks out on her and their two kids and she's left to carry the weight of the baggage his exit causes for her and her kids. She's mostly relieved that he's gone, as he was more of a hardship on her than anything, but the kids are another story.

Then she agrees to allow the recent screenplay she's sold, depicting the collapse of her marriage, to be filmed at her house. In walks Leo, world famous actor and Hollywood heartthrob. Initially he irritates her with his intrusiveness, but he wins her over with the sweet way he interacts with her children and the way he begins opening up to her. The two form a friendship which develops into a whirlwind romance and love.

It wouldn't be a romance novel without some angst. Cue Leo leaving for another job and a promise to return. But a week turns into months and his radio silence leaves the three of them heartbroken. I will say, I was really mad at him and didn't think there was a way for him to redeem himself. But the reason he breaks his promise isn't all that it seems. You'll have to read it to find out more.

ckoss400's review

Easy Peasy when that’s what you want.

jcpdiesel21's review against another edition

Deeper than what I expected and containing a wonderfully fleshed out central character. I found it easy to like single mom Nora, rooting for her to find happiness after being left behind by a horrible ex, and Hollywood literally coming to her doorstep to adapt the screenplay she penned about her broken marriage on location sets everything in motion right away. I like how Nora is largely indifferent to handsome movie star Leo at first, but as time passes and he sticks around after the film wraps, they settle into something comfortable and easygoing within their isolated small-town bubble. A little over halfway through, the vibe of the tale changes dramatically as real life intrudes, and I was desperate to find out why it all fell apart so quickly, empathizing with Nora as the hits kept coming. Leo had a lot of explaining to do, and when answers were revealed, they came from a very unexpected source; although predictability in romance is comforting, it can be nice to be on the receiving end of a well-crafted surprise that can knock me off my feet, and this one had me gasping aloud while remaining true to the characters. The story ends nicely with a brief glimpse into the future of these characters, which I appreciated after becoming charmed by and invested in them.  An immensely enjoyable read further enhanced by terrific writing and observations.