Dead End Girls by Wendy Heard

rachelslacey's review against another edition

What a ride! This is a fast-paced sapphic thriller about two teenage girls who fake their own deaths to escape their family situations, and I devoured it in a day. Highly recommend if you enjoy a somewhat morally gray heroine and lots of high stakes shenanigans!

hitbooksnotgirlz's review

Maude is a snarky little cunt, so naturally, I warmed to her immediately. I’m talking fifth page. She’s also an absolute fucking genius, and it was so fascinating to learn of what she’d planned. How well she’d thought it all out.
This was a sexier, modern play on Thelma and Louise And what a wild ride it was. It was a delicious, disastrous love story and I could not put it down. Read it all in one sitting. The characters were just perfect. I loved watching Frankie and Maude finally find themselves together. 12/10!!

cewitherow's review

4.5/5 stars rounded up ⭐️

This was such a fun thriller to read. I LOVE when books are queer and the queerness is an element but not the entire focus and this fit the bill. One star off purely because I’m not a huge fan of first person narration but other than that it was great! A super fun read that I tore through.

misha_ali's review

Enjoyable, but loses points for how ridiculously overpowered Maude ends up being somehow.

cl9244's review

Regardless of how unrealistic the story is, I couldn’t stop reading.

bofrazer's review

If Thelma and Louise had been teenagers unsure about their orientation. Great read from one of my favorite relatively unknown writers. The suspense is both romantic and legal, and it’s delivered beautifully.

ellacmack's review

percyvale's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional mysterious tense fast-paced

haileyannereads's review

I enjoyed reading this book for the most part. But in the end, I just kind of feel meh about it. It was suspenseful and twisty, but also pretty predictable at times. Overall, it was good, but not great.

courthrilly's review

adventurous dark emotional mysterious tense medium-paced