Ivy, by Katherine Coville

gabrielle_wc's review against another edition

I read the advance reading copy of Ivy by Katherine Coville. This book has very beautiful art and an interesting plot line. Ivy is an excitable character who many young girls can relate too. This book made me laugh and laugh. The world that Katherine Coville creates is wonderful and imaginative. I highly recommend this book to all of the young readers out there.

emilyjmasters's review against another edition

A sweet story perfect for the third-grade fantasy lover.

mbabe62's review

Cute

This was a read a loud for our curriculum and my daughter loved it all the way through. She would have made me read it all in one day if I let her keep begging lol

missprint's review

The word for this book is "cute."

It all comes off a little simplistic for my tastes, but I think it would make a charming read-aloud for younger children, and a good chapter book for young readers (I'm thinking second/third grade). Unfortunately, my expectations were pretty high after "The Cottage in the Woods," and this certainly didn't blow me away the way that one did. But "Ivy" touts a message of accepting those who are different, embracing personal strengths, and general kindness, which I think are very important themes, especially these days. I think it also deals with concepts of "expectations" - everyone is very convinced of what the new queen will be like, but that's not necessarily how it goes.

So while personally I found the story a little basic, I think it's a great book for early readers.

emilyjmasters's review

A sweet story perfect for the third-grade fantasy lover.