brogan7's review

informative reflective

Yes a very amazing book.  I need to read it again, but what struck me about it was putting together characteristics that I always thought were separate/a collection of independent qualities, yet they do fit together into a broader whole (deep processing--overstimulation--paying attention to everyone's mood & state in the room--clear, long memory--perceiving the subtleties).

pandabare1981's review

I've never encountered a book in which I related so much to almost everything.

natalie_b's review

informative medium-paced

pamepou's review

informative slow-paced

solitaireflower's review against another edition

informative reflective medium-paced

mcipswitch's review against another edition

informative reflective fast-paced

_ash0_'s review

I am a highly sensitive person and my son is one too. I mostly read this book because it says it can help us “thrive in this insensitive world”. I would say this book was great in identifying traits of highly sensitive people (which I did not fully associate with). I loved how I was able to relate a lot of traits though. But there is not much about surviving in this world. Some tips were useful but half of her tips were about being out there and socializing or taking time off and recuperating at home alone. I was expecting more from this book but most of the advice were common sense. The last two chapters were only about psychotherapy and medication. If you had a great childhood like me, I don’t think this book would be of much help, other than understanding how sensitive people are different from others. I made plenty of notes from this book and I am hoping that some of them will be helpful to me. It will help me understand my son better I guess.

acer's review