Calling on Dragons, by Patricia C. Wrede

mrsdragon's review

I loved Morwen as a narrator, especially her interactions with her cats. ^_^ The multi-threading conversations gave the story a bit more depth.

Nostalgia factor: This is the first book series I remember reading where I had to wait for the next book to come out and of course, it was after reading the first 3 books that I discovered this. I remember being on pins and needles to see what would happen next.

I was happy to see that this book lived up to my memory of it. (Only this time I can move straight to book 4!)

sashagalkina's review against another edition

adventurous funny lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

senica's review against another edition

ghost_rider's review

Whoever decided that Telemain, Killer, and Fiddlesticks needed to have such irritating voices needs a boot to the head. Honestly.

wondereads13's review against another edition

adventurous funny lighthearted fast-paced

lentzc's review against another edition

indigo78180's review against another edition

adventurous lighthearted fast-paced

lleullawgyffes's review against another edition

adventurous funny tense medium-paced

ams759's review against another edition

adventurous challenging emotional funny hopeful lighthearted mysterious tense medium-paced

bisexualwentworth's review

fast-paced

This book is in many ways my favorite in the series, though I think the first one is still the strongest. The plot of this book is constructed really well. I love the cats. I love Morwen as a point of view character. I think Killer is hilarious (though he’s definitely also super annoying and I can see him bothering certain readers a lot). This book also feels the least dated out of the whole series, for what that’s worth.

The ending would have been the perfect setup to a slightly different/better final book. I actually like when the penultimate installment of a series ends at a lower point before the final installment comes in and fixes things. I just don’t like the last book in this series, and unfortunately, because it was written first, that’s how it was always going to be.

I recommend reading the first three books and then making up the fourth book in your head.