Our Year of Maybe, by Rachel Lynn Solomon

katiedermody's review against another edition

This book was good but way more dramatic and sad than I anticipated, which is wholly my fault because I'm terrible at reading descriptions and assumed it would be a mutual pining situation or unrequited with a wake up call, mainly because I've read the author's more recent romance stories.

stenaros's review

Best friends Sophie and Peter have been close since they were children. But when Sophie gives Peter one of her kidneys, his world opens up and their friendship changes.

An excellent exploration of how relationships are formed and the personal growth that comes when they flex.

bakinglizbet's review

challenging emotional hopeful reflective medium-paced

dagimille's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

pawsomereads2's review against another edition

This took such an honest and genuine look at friendship and unrequited love. It was messy but it was real.
The characters were written so well and the dual perspective added a lot to the story.

court1386's review

This was a beautiful story of friendship and when it’s time to go your separate way. Peter and Sophie’s relationship was tumultuous to say the least and I could feel the heartbreak when they had their giant fight. I didn’t love this book, but it was an enjoyable and emotional read.

fogthroughthevalley's review

Did not realize this wasn't exactly a feel-good romantic book where the two leads end up together. Nothing to do with the writing or book itself, just not what I want to read.

linnypesto's review against another edition

emotional reflective medium-paced

angeldu's review

this book was incredible!! close to 5 stars but it wasn't life-shattering. the characterisation is the star of this book and the tender yet complicated relationship between the 2 protagonists shines through. it just felt so genuine, like the teenagers were actual teenagers which I haven't felt about ya protagonists in a while. the topic of unrequited love has never felt so unique.