The Lucky Escape, by Laura Jane Williams

tolutolu9597's review against another edition

This was a good one!

The third act conflict definitely frustrated me and I was actually fuming at one point but Annie pulled her shit together and hot her head out of her ass.

This walked the wonderful line between woman’s fiction and romance and did it well.

3.5 rounded up to a 4. :)

denisejochems's review

adventurous emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted reflective medium-paced

Very fun book!

ansleyymoore's review against another edition

funny lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

kirstysbookshelf's review

I received a copy via Net Galley.

Annie has been with Alex for almost ten years and they are due to get married and she is looking forward to the wedding. Unfortunately, Alex does not feel the same and leaves her at the altar. Devastated by the break up of her relationship Annie is encouraged to go on her honeymoon by herself but before she goes she meets an old friend who she decides to invite along on her honeymoon.

I really enjoyed this book. I loved the travel portion as Annie and Patrick explored Australia and went on different excursions. I liked seeing the relationship between the two characters develop throughout the trip. I liked that they started as friends and their feelings developed over time.

Overall I really enjoyed this one. If you are looking for a fun book to read this summer I think this would be a perfect beach read.

gantoniazzi22's review

ckaustin's review

funny lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

mdragoo's review

3/5 ⭐️

this was a very cute rom-com and i really enjoyed the that it took place in london. overall, the storyline was pretty good and i enjoyed the characters, but i really just wasn’t absolutely crazy about the book overall. everything was good, if average, but nothing absolutely stood out to me. i liked patrick and annie, but the storyline overall was a bit too slow paced for me and lacking in spice. this was a lighthearted read and an easy romance book, but it was pretty average for me.

“only water the thoughts you want to grow”

rchaps's review against another edition