Havana Storm, by Dirk Cussler, Clive Cussler

pjc1268's review against another edition

Highly recommend

jaxboiler's review against another edition

This was definitely just another fun easy read in the Dirk Pitt adventure series. Ever since I read the first one many moons ago I have always enjoyed this series. It keeps me entertained for a few hours. Some folks might think the stories get a little cookie cutter but I think anyone that rights series like this tends to do them all in a similar manner.

utbw42's review against another edition

One of the better paced Cussler father/son duo Pitt novels, this book still features the same playbook, in my humble opinion, of father providing the story and/or guidance and son penning the majority if not all of the novel. The dialogue remains very straightforward and simple, if not dull, as the previous 5 Cussler/Cussler Pitt books, but I enjoyed the plot of this novel more than most of the previous 5. Sidenote: Cussler in his heyday wrote 100 times better plots and dialogue than these father/son efforts. Dirk Pitt and his twin children find themselves in the middle of a plot by Cuban nationals to mine the seafloor for minerals/elements that will provide materials necessary for nuclear weapons. The actions of this mining are releasing large amounts of mercury into American waters. Also, the kids are off searching for an ancient Aztec treasure that (of course) ultimately ties in to the problems they face in Cuban waters. I see an improvement in Dirk Cussler's writing efforts with this one, but he still has a long way to go to match what Clive cranked out when he was in his prime. I could recommend this one as a beach book with a favorite beverage as a companion.

jstamper2022's review

Typical Cussler book. Very predicable and over the top superhuman abilities by the main cast and characters. Still a good story however.

grmatthews's review against another edition

This is Dirk Pitt, and Dirk Pitt, and Summer Pit, and Al and Rudi... and escapes and adventure. It does exactly what it says on the tin. An enjoyable read.

pglt1177's review against another edition

it was a quick read. fun and adventurous..

jmcguoirk's review against another edition

Entertaining. Thanks.

thereaderofbooks's review

The Pitt family has to be the luckiest family to live. Ever. I have read Dirk Pitt books before and they are always good for a nice quick read that doesn't require me to think too much. This book is the same. A lot of action where the Pitt family (along with the NUMA crew) and managed to get out of whatever happened to be causing their issue. Or, maybe they are unlucky because the NUMA charter is to do exploration but when the Pitt family is around they always get into a lot of trouble. Maybe they are looking for it?

jbrito's review against another edition

As in nearly all series Pitt #23 also complied to the mandatory "event checklist" and even if Clive's personal appearances have long since lost the element of surprise (for me that is) I still loved it.

tomwklose's review against another edition

Same formula, good action, great unbelievable events, nice historical perspective.