3 Dates, by Lily Morton

madigan459's review

This was a sweet little story. With all the feels this book and [b:Best Love|41858875|Best Love|Lily Morton|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1537138985s/41858875.jpg|65344404] gave me, I guess this means I have to go on a [a:Lily Morton|4829595|Lily Morton|https://s.gr-assets.com/assets/nophoto/user/f_50x66-6a03a5c12233c941481992b82eea8d23.png] binge now. Yay and sigh all at the same time. If only I could ask my boss for more days off so I can read.

Also, I loved that Archie had sleeves. After reading so many romances where tattoos mean a hard-drinking, brawl-loving hardass MC, it's nice to read about a regular everyday dude whose inked up. Not all of us who are heavily tattooed are itching to get into a fight wherever we go. Like Archie, most of us are just regular, everyday, working people trying to live/love life.

caithh's review

Don’t have much to say about this one except I was a little bored. I’m thinking it’s just me though, the headspace I’m in. So I’ll have to reread another time.

nasaje's review

Very cute. And because the MCs already know each other, the story feels full-fledged even though it is a novella.

reemreads86's review

This was adorable. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Gabe and Dylan in this book. I loved them in rule breaker and I had absolutely no idea that this book was in the same universe.

I loved both characters here and am always a sucker for best friends falling in love. Short stories are kind of tough to enjoy, but this was done well.

josy's review

~ 4.5 stars ~

Awesome friends-to-lovers Valentine story. I just wish it had been longer.
Also great to get a glimpse of Gabe and Dylan from [b:Rule Breaker|35826972|Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)|Lily Morton|https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1501008277l/35826972._SY75_.jpg|57330979].

midori's review

Read this book as part of the 2019 Members' Choice Awards Challenge.
Categories: Best Free Story

I'll repeat what I said in my updates: it feels as though this book and [b:Rule Breaker|35826972|Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)|Lily Morton|https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1501008277l/35826972._SY75_.jpg|57330979] weren't written by the same person.
The characters were like caricatures of real people, way over the top, and kind of superficial. We're told a lot of things, but shown none. Maybe the space used to demonize and humiliate the ex could have been used for giving us a better feel for the MC's relationship. :/

nsomniak6's review

Lily Morton has such a quick wit and can write a love story like no body's business! This was such a great little story and although I would've liked more, it was just fine the way it was.

dejunk's review

I loved it! Short,sweet and fun. Mick and Archie made a lovely couple :)
Bonus scene with Gabe and Dylan - loved seeing them again!

isalaur's review

Loved it! Such a cute story...simple and sweet. Absolutely loved the office scene with Gabe and the cameo by Dylan. Might be time for yet another re-read of book one!

cadiva's review

Quintessential Lily Morton - just in a smaller package! 3 Dates is a wonderful snippet into the lives of best friends Archie and Mick as the later realises what's been under his nose all the time.

This was everything you'd expect with a book from this author - biting wit, British snark, romance and family and a seriously hot pairing.

I loved the appearance of Gabe and Dylan from her Mixed Messages opener [b:Rule Breaker|36189488|Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)|Lily Morton|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1504668132s/36189488.jpg|57330979] and to see that they're still sparking off each other like crazy and I liked the little nod to her wider universe by having Mick work for Gabe.

Never mind three dates, there were three times when I almost choked myself laughing that much at the visuals Lily creates with her words, I'd have happily read a full length book with these two happily living ever after together.

This book is currently available for a short time only (up to February 15h) as part of the massive Valentine's Day giveaway organised by Pandora Pine on Prolific Works. Get your copy and 42 other fantastic free stories from some of the best names in the MM genre here: https://claims.prolificworks.com/gg/1Jf7KMuH4eEPDPi8VRXu