The Last Legacy, by Adrienne Young

loganshea's review

- i have a feeling that Ezra is the love interest andddddd i’m here for it
- takes place in the same world as fable and namesake
- 1hr17mins end pg91
- Bryn is left handed which yay love that
- 1:45:30 pg128
- she’s great, love Bryn
- i also love the name Ezra soooooooo
- 190-2:34:20
- ahhhhh just got to the twist, actually didn’t expect that
- i love this world, reminds me of fable and I LOVE IT
- only has Bryn’s pov
- no cliffhanger, sadly… i wanted more of this lol
- 3:10:21-240, 4:12:28-end(320)
- Ezra’s last name was Finch and he made bird earrings and…

abbiejean's review against another edition

adventurous medium-paced

taylorreadsalot's review

3.5/5 for me. I enjoyed the Last Legacy, but I read it immediately after finishing Namesake, and was not prepared for the change in pace. I knew the stories weren’t connected, but set in the same world, my expectation was some a bit more action-y, instead of cloak and dagger. Will definitely reread it, and I’ll excitedly read anything else from Adrienne Young. There was a lot of recapping/reminding the reader of the same events over and over again, which I didn’t find was needed.

manicsunflower93's review

adventurous challenging emotional tense medium-paced

peony_xo's review against another edition

giorconi5's review

4.1

giovanna20's review

ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange of an honest review

The Last Legacy by Adrienne Young is the third volume in the Fable series, but it is not connected in any way to the previous books.

I was intrigued by the synopsis right away and the cover is really impactful, if it weren't for the length of the book. There are a lot of pages that I don't find them useful to the story, and that's a shame, otherwise it would have been a full grade.

Bryn is called back to return to Bastian to take her place in the family.
Henrik, her uncle, however, has other plans for her. Hers is not an easy return, she must earn that empty seat.
Secrets lurk in the Roth family that could challenge everything Bryn has ever believed in, plus a forbidden love doesn't make things easy at all.

The novel is smooth, the author preferred not to highlight the romance, but leave it as a side story. That's something I always appreciate when it comes to this kind of book, otherwise it would just become a simple romance.
I'm definitely going to pick up the first two volumes now, which I was already intent on reading actually, I was just waiting for the right time.

rebekkahj's review

Such a fun adventure! I absolutely love this book. If you are a fan of Fable or Namesake you have to read this book.

If you haven't read either of those books you don't need to read them before reading this one.

blossom04's review

Young never fails. NEVER!!

I went into this knowing that it was going to be nothing like Fable, and I'm really glad that I had that expectation...because I loved this standalone just as much as the duology it was loosely based off of.

Bryn was really something else; super feisty and also soft when she needed to be. She was smart, and knew how to get the things she wanted. Ezra- MY LOVE EZRA!!

karicutie's review

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Adrienne Young has done it again! She has such a brilliant way of creating intriguing characters mixed with the most suspenseful plots. I got serious Peaky Blinders vibes from reading this book. The "mafia" vibes, the family loyalty, the scheming patriarch of the Roth's, and the hidden crimes all made it very Peaky. I love Adrienne's writing and I am so happy I got to jump back into the Fable world.